Department of Honeybee and Silkworm Research
Honeybee and silkworm research department was established in 1968 and started its research activities in the year 1978. Since then research projects have been conducted.
Areas of research
- Genetic and breeding of honeybee
- Nutrition management of honeybee
- Nectar and pollen plants identification and beekeeping calendar of different regions of Iran
- Pest and predators of honeybee
- Pollination and insect pollinators
- Honeybee colonies management
- Faunestic and biological studies of honeybee pest and predators
- Pollination and insect pollinators of different farms and orchards.
- Honeybee productions, their production techniques and processing